Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 61

Grandma got in okay. Ironically she had her first non-stop flight from Mississippi to O'Hare. Instead of me being there to get her, she had to wait for 5 hours because of the bad weather in Chicago.

Having a good visit with her. She loves Omaha and is thinking about moving here. I hope she does, I worry so much about her in Mississippi. She moved there to be by my mom after her husband died, but then my mom died (almost 8 years ago) and so now she is there by herself. She just turned 80 and is in great shape, but still...She's talking about moving in to one of those retirement homes.

Before we moved to Omaha I was hoping that we would move to Portland, where my brother is because I thought maybe she would move there. It would be ironic if she moved here instead. The only thing that worries me is that I don't necessarily want to live here long term. So that becomes a consideration too, but that I guess is just nebulous future stuff that you can't really plan on. It would be silly if she didn't move here for that reason, because for all I know we could end up for the next 10 years (eep!)

Tomorrow is the Omaha Art Festival. I'm trying to take Barry's advice for the key to enjoying Omaha- ratcheting those expectations way down and then down a little more.

Speaking of art, my newest project is my Holga camera. I'm just shooting my first reel of film, but it is so fun to have an actual camera with the clicking and the manual winding. I can't wait to get the film developed. That's part of the fun too. Waiting.

Maybe I'll even see if I can learn how to develop myself. I could have my brother teach me when he comes (hint hint Macko!)

click!Link

Kelly

No comments: