Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 47

Now I know why the other places I went to got such rave reviews.

We've been exploring the corn and soy bean field to the west of us and saw Farmer Brown's Steakhouse out in the middle of nowhere. It was packed with people, so we thought we'd try it out. It got great reviews, to which all I can say is WTF! How can you mess up steak?

I should have known I was in trouble when the waitress couldn't answer whether the green beans were fresh or frozen, "Um, I think that they might have been frozen." If only I were so lucky - the coldest these beans ever got was the day they were packed at Del Monte. I think the baby next to me had Gerber vegetables with more texture and flavor than these had.

The steak was a gristly slab of meat thrown on a tan plate without even a piece of parsley to liven it up. The grey tinge suggested boiling, but that couldn't be.

The kids had pasta with their steak which tasted like it was covered with ketchup. Seriously, even Barry wouldn't eat it.

Praying I don't puke tonight,

Kelly

No comments: