Saturday, July 12, 2008

Day 76

OK, I am so embarrassed by the 3:10 to Yumma crack since seeing that Darian Strauss left a comment on the blog. I wonder if it was really him, or if he has an intern looking through google and technocrati and leaving comments. Hmmm.

It worked though, I bought his book today. I went to the Elkhorn Library yesterday to see if that had it, of course they didn't. Nor did they have:

OBD: Obsessive Branding Disorder: The Illusion of Business and the Business of Illusion by Lucas Conley

My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor

The Film Club: A Memoir by David Gilmour

Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hami

or about 10 other books that were on my list. Luckily Elkhorn is now part of Omaha, so I was able to request books from the other Omaha libraries and have them sent to the Elkhorn branch. The only book on my list that they had was What the Dead Know by Laura Lippman. I started it last night, and so far so good.

We're going to see a free Feist concert tonight. I hope it doesn't rain! Right now, it is sunny and nicely cool. There was a storm last night that kind of broke the heat. So, I made matzo ball soup today. Yummy. No good deli here. I miss Max and Benny's!

Wishing I were chopped liver,

Kelly

No comments: