Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 30

Well I had been feeling pretty good about life in Omaha. I found the secret was to ratchet down my expectations way low and then knock it down a little more for good measure. But (always a but) nothing like finding a dead animal (another dead bird on the stairs to our deck) and the pool (pump not working) to bring me back down.

I had dreams last night of being stuck on some Lost type place with snow. I woke up to discover that my blankets had fallen off and I was still in Omaha.

My cooking frequency and quality has an inverse proportion to the quality and variety of take-out places surrounding us. Let's just say that last night I made the best Chinese food that I've had since leaving San Francisco.

Piper's cavity filling went really well. She said she didn't even know when he used the needle. And the dentist was super nice and called last night to make sure she was doing okay.

Piper's birthday party is Saturday, so I might be busy tomorrow, but I'll be sure to post the results.

(I always feel like I need a good sign off, I'll try out a few and see what stays)

Cloudy in Omaha,

Kelly

No comments: