Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 25

Yesterday was a much better day. It was Piper's birthday and the first day of summer vacation so maybe I was getting vicarious good vibes from the kids. It was really nice not to have to rush through the morning. Their school day starts about 30 minutes earlier than it did at Romona.

I felt motivated to unpack some more boxes and do some organization. I had been feeling like if I weren't unpacked then we weren't really living here. I believe it is called denial, f0ur more stages and I'm home free.

We went back to Thunder Ally (see previous post). It could have turned out terrible especially when I saw the four (yes four) school buses in the parking lot. It was really crowded, but we played in the arcade and then had lunch (free chocolate cake for Piper's B-day) and then were able to have the Go-Kart track to ourselves.

Piper wanted sushi for her birthday dinner so we went to a place recommended by my neighbor called Sushi Japan. It has those Yakiniku tables where you cook your own meat. It was excellent fish, with a fantastic Vodka/Sake martini garnished with cucumber (like a spa in a glass). I was really impressed with it. I liked it better than Akai Hana. Tonight Barry and I are going to try an Indian restaurant. It got mixed reviews, but it is hard to tell if people who didn't like it, was because they know good Indian food or because they don't and wanted something more Westernized.

In any case I'm looking forward to finding out.

No comments: